From: AlisdairM (alisdair.meredith_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-12-23 07:05:23

"John Maddock" <john_at_[hidden]> wrote in

> I hope Alisdair won't mind me forwarding this one, but I'm really
> beginning to wonder where SCO are going next, BTW isn't there some
> clause in ISO standards that prevents retrospective claims on
> standardised interfaces (or does that apply to patents only)?

As we're in a more public forum, I'll add that I always take Register
stories with a pinch of salt, so I'd certainly like confirmation from a
closer source. I have no idea what the specific claims on ctype.h etc.
are, simply that they appear to be mentioned by name.

AlisdairM