From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-12-26 13:05:11

Douglas Paul Gregor <gregod_at_[hidden]> writes:

> On Thu, 25 Dec 2003, Jim Apple wrote:
>
>> Douglas Paul Gregor wrote:
>>
>> > This should not compile.
>>
>> Compiled for me with g++ 3.3.1, Intel 8 on linux. Here are some diffs
>> to note this compiler error:
>
> Thanks, I'll add it to the testsuite.

I'm a little bit concerned about having this is the Boost.Function
test suite. It isn't really a Boost.Function-specific problem at all;
the compiler bug doesn't affect the usability of Boost.Function, and
it interacts with *any* code which does function pointer/reference
assignment. Tests like this one, which really just look for specific
compiler bugs, belong in the config library test suite. We should
also have a corresponding config macro.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting