From: Douglas Paul Gregor (gregod_at_[hidden])
Date: 2003-12-26 17:45:48

On Fri, 26 Dec 2003, David Abrahams wrote:
> Douglas Paul Gregor <gregod_at_[hidden]> writes:

> >> Compiled for me with g++ 3.3.1, Intel 8 on linux. Here are some diffs
> >> to note this compiler error:
> >
> > Thanks, I'll add it to the testsuite.
>
> I'm a little bit concerned about having this is the Boost.Function
> test suite. It isn't really a Boost.Function-specific problem at all;
> the compiler bug doesn't affect the usability of Boost.Function,

It does affect the usability of Boost.Function, because users of
these compilers may try it in some small test case and think that
Boost.Function (unlike normal function pointers) can handle default
arguments.

> and
> it interacts with *any* code which does function pointer/reference
> assignment. Tests like this one, which really just look for specific
> compiler bugs, belong in the config library test suite. We should
> also have a corresponding config macro.

Why put it into the config library test suite? Do you have any use for
this as a macro?

        Doug