From: Reid Sweatman (drunkardswalk_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-01-01 22:06:40

<snipped>

> Sorry if this is totally OT but i am a bit confused with the
> whole CVS
> > thing. What is CVS? What is it used for? is it like
> SourceSafe? is it
> > better?
> >
> > And more importantly is it a better option for my MFC projects?
> >
> > The reason why i ask i because we are not very happy with
> Source safe
> > and are looking at other options.

OT, but I'll risk the group's ire and render my opinion. CVS is nice, free,
and all over the place. There are lots of versions of it, some commercial.
You might look at the Subversion project on SourceForge, as well. If you're
going to stay Windows-centric, and don't mind (or prefer) a gui, have a look
at PerForce, which has the advantage of a free, two-user (I think)
non-crippled download, so you can test-drive it. I've liked it in the past,
and generally found it to be more stable and atomic than SourceSafe. That's
my personal opinion, not that of my employers.

Reid Sweatman