From: Deane Yang (deane_yang_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-01-02 16:13:46

Dan W. wrote:

> Where I would *really* use real physical quantities 90% of the time is
> in my old virtual reality engine, if I get back to work on it again, one
> of these days, as I was planning to model realistic physics at a very
> low level. But for most applications, I would probably benefit more
> from totally ridiculous and insulting quantities like the ones I just
> mentioned.

Amen. And I think this applies to 90% of the potential users of
a quantities library. What is widely needed is an abstract quantities
library, with NO pre-defined units or dimensions. This, in my view,
is a much more important library than the physical dimensions library,
which serves a much narrower need.