From: Dan W. (danw_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-01-04 00:09:59

Thorsten Ottosen wrote:

>>No, the contracts cannot be in the object file. How would your linker be
>>able to remove them when building your final app?
> A assumed that a linker that can remove unused code and that can optimize
> could somehow also
> keep track of otherr types of code.
> But you're right, I don't know for sure.

To be honest I'm not 100% sure either, but close to it... that a typical
linker will remove fat from your .obj, but not from a .lib; --but I
could be wrong. In any case, though, you need the source of the DBC
contracts in order to see the violation code on your screen when you're
debugging: If you call one of my functions with the wrong parameters,
and you don't have the source of my precondition, your breakpoint will
be in a disassembled source, full of machine instructions... You want
the debugger to stop at a readable line of code that shows which clause
of the contract you've violated...