From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-01-05 10:00:06

Martin Wille <mw8329_at_[hidden]> writes:

> David Abrahams wrote:
>> http://boost.sourceforge.net/regression-logs/cs-Linux/developer_summary_page.html
>> is reporting that the config tests for gcc-3.4 (CVS) all pass. Can we
>> update boost/config/compiler/gcc accordingly? gcc-3.4 will surely be
>> released shortly after boost 1.31.0, and it would be nasty to flood
>> its users with warnings.
>

> Please, note that I haven't been able to update my copy of gcc-3.4 for
> nearly two months. The cvs server at subversions.gnu.org doesn't seem
> to respond.

The anonymous CVS has been taken offline for security reasons. See
http://gcc.gnu.org/cvs.html

You can download a snapshot from 20031230, which is what I've been
testing with. See http://gcc.gnu.org/mirrors.html

> So, there could be changes in gcc-3.4 we cannot see in our
> regression test results.

I've attached a copy of the current results. John, would you be able
to make the appropriate config changes, if any?

Of course we have to account for the fact that the test library won't
link. I have grave doubts about using the test library in the config
library (or anywhere else) given the frequency with which the former
breaks.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting