From: Jan Langer (jan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-01-08 17:11:36

Russell Hind wrote:
> I can see that this redundancy may be useful. We deal sometimes with
> wavenumbers (cm-1) which is actually a frequency (i.e. 100cm-1 == 3THz).
> I would hope that we could specify these units so that they couldn't be
> converted to a length by inverting the value even though that would give
> units of cm.

i cannot imagine how you can come up with a consitent set of dimensions
solving your problem, but if you can then the library will be able to
handle this.

as i see it the wavenumber is the inverse of the wavelength which is
imho a length. but you could also define wavelength as its own dimension.

jan

--
jan langer ... jan_at_[hidden]
"pi ist genau drei"