From: Daniel Frey (daniel.frey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-01-09 11:54:40

Joel de Guzman wrote:
> Daniel Frey wrote:
>
>> Joel de Guzman wrote:

>>> Of course. Spirit does not have a marketing department. We do release
>>> when it's ready for release. It just so happens that the cycle is
>>> more frequent than boost's.
>>
>> I see your point, but I guess that it might change in the future when
>> Spirit becomes more and more stable, right?
>
> Nice point. I think I agree. If that's the case, isn't it advantageous
> then that younger (less stable) boost sub-libraries have a more frequent
> release cycle? What if, in addition to a standard boost release, we have
> individual, smaller module/library releases? A user may pick up an
> individual release or simply wait for the next full boost release.

Of course. Each (new) library that is sufficiently large/complex should
IMHO consider to create it's own home (at SF.net or elsewhere) to speed
up the development. Once things become stable, they can finally switch
over to boost completly. AFAIK this has happened already (and is
happening) and it works pretty well IMO.

Regards, Daniel

--
Daniel Frey
aixigo AG - financial solutions & technology