From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-01-11 10:47:54

> Well there are 5 names there and you only listed two purposes above, so I
> think more explanation is listed before I'll feel comfortable with the
> design.

OK, lets try again:

BOOST_WHATEVER_SOURCE: is private to your implementation and you can in fact
call it whatever you want, it's just there to let the headers know that if
the code has a dll interface then it's being exported rather than imported.

BOOST_ALL_DYN_LINK: Tells all boost libraries to use a dll interface.
BOOST_WHATEVER_DYN_LINK: Tells library "whatever" alone to use a dll
interface.
BOOST_ALL_NO_LIB: Tells all boost libs not to auto-link.
BOOST_WHATEVER_NO_LIB: Tells just lib "whatever" not to auto-link (useful
when debugging lib "whatever" by adding it's source directly to your
project).

John.