From: Roland (roland.schwarz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-01-11 11:34:43

(John Maddock <john_at_[hidden]>) wrote:

Roland wrote:
> > It might well be that it is also possible to choose boost DLL with
> > arbitrary
> > user selectable C runtime library. But I do not know how. Is there a way
> >to do so?
> >

> No the dll and your code must share the same runtime,

Sorry I can't understand this. It is obvious that C-runtime support has to be matched.
When I am able to choose boost DLL - C-Runtime usage
at will, this will exactly result in beeing able to match C-runtime support of
application and boost. So why do you say No?
If I can't choose it I am not able to match C-runtime support in some cases.

There should be two DLL versions of the lib: one statically bound to C-runtime
and one dynamically bound to C-runtime. Don't you think so too?

Roland