From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-01-12 11:27:40

At 07:44 AM 1/12/2004, Giovanni Bajo wrote:

>Michael Stevens wrote:
>
>>> I was trying to compile uBLAS bench4 with ICC under Windows (either
>>> 7.1 or
>>> 8.0), and I get this:
>>>
>>> bench4.cpp
>>> e:\boost\boost/mpl/aux_/typeof.hpp(66): error: cannot overload
>>> functions distinguished by return type alone
>>> BOOST_MPL_AUX_REGISTER_TYPE(7, unsigned short)
>>> ^
>>>
>>> Is this known?
>>

>> I'm trying to reproduce this. Which Boost version does this relate to:
>> CVS, CVS 1_31_0 branch ?
>
>It's a CVS version taken from HEAD 2 days before the branch was created.
>
>I traced it down: it's related to the known problem with ICC and wchar_t.

>In fact, it deseappears if I specify /Zc:wchar_t (use intrinsic wchar_t)
>on the command line. The point is that we have a configuration bug here.

That's not at all clear to me. We've gone over this issue in great depth
before, and IIRC the conclusion was that you always have to specify
/Zc:wchar_t on the command line.

>Does this look ok to you? I can prepare a patch for submission, but I
need
>help with the testing.

I'd really prefer it if you didn't change the config for Intel until at
least John Maddock and Dave Abrahams OK the patch. It is a can of worms.

--Beman