From: Giovanni Bajo (giovannibajo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-01-12 11:45:57

Beman Dawes wrote:

> That's not at all clear to me. We've gone over this issue in great
> depth before, and IIRC the conclusion was that you always have to
> specify /Zc:wchar_t on the command line.

Well, ICC+STLPort is surely broken until we test for
_STLP_HAS_WCHAR_T/_STLP_WCHAR_T_IS_USHORT. It makes sense to add this test to
config/stdlib/stlport.hpp instead of config/compiler/intel.hpp. This is the
only semantical change I'm asking.

Then, I'm proposing to just move the check for _WCHAR_T_DEFINED to
dinkumware.hpp (since it's defined only by them) and _WCHAR_T to libstdcpp3.hpp
(same). This should have no effect.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to more informed opinions about ICC configuration.
Dave, John?

--
Giovanni Bajo