From: Neal D. Becker (nbecker_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-01-13 13:58:24

I am trying out the new random (which is in 1.31.0rc1). While the new
design is generally good, it has one drawback.

The properties of the generator are not known to the distribution when the
distribution is constructed. The best the distribution can do is assume
something, then complain later if it's wrong.

For example, In my pnseq_generator class, I need to cache the result of
calling the underlying engine. What is the type of the cache? We may want
the cache type to match Engine::result_type, but the Engine type isn't
known when pnseq_generator is constructed.