From: Reece Dunn (msclrhd_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-01-25 10:37:25

David Abrahams wrote:
>Gennaro Prota <gennaro_prota_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
> > On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 00:32:32 -0800, Thomas Witt <witt_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> >
> >>Therefore I propose opening a dedicated mailinglist that handles review
> >>requests and formal reviews.
> >
> > Or choose a standard tag (such as '[admin]') for these kinds of
> > things. This way users could simply set up a suitable mail filter.
>
>Thomas and I discussed both options (I think [review] would be a more
>appropriate tag). The thing I like about the mailing list is that
>review commentary has a value all its own, and it would be great to be
>able to search reviews separately. There'd be a GMane mirror of
>course. I also happen to think that the tag approach is more prone to
>unintentional errors of omission.

Instead of having a specific tag, you could filter "Review Request" and
"Formal Review" as I am pretty sure that these are required in the subject
for requesting a library for review and for a library under review.

However, this could get complicated, so another mailing list would be
better, even if it does mean developers having to subscribe to an additional
mailing list.

Regards,
Reece

http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger