From: Daniel Frey (d.frey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-01-25 13:37:07

On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 01:11:17 +0100, Andy Little wrote:

>> > pqs is not like YANL !
>>
>> Of course. This is why I tried to keep the constant library independent
>> of a concrete unit library and provide a basic mechanism to support
>> certain type-mappings that are needed for all unit libraries.
>
> Yep. If it can be done it will be good... but there are many ways it can
> stall.
> That is the only concern I have. We shall see...

I uploaded the example to the files section, please have a look. As you
will see, I had to modify your operator* in mul_scalar.hpp, of course the
other operators need to be aware of the constant library as well. I think
this is no problem when we agree that the constant library is a
prerequisit of your unit library ;) Honestly, I think we have to think
about this, as I am not yet sure whether we can find some general rules
that everyone can follow to make arbitrary libraries compatible and
independent of each other. Thoughts?

Regards, Daniel