From: Walter Landry (wlandry_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-01-25 18:20:33

Rene Rivera <grafik.list_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Beman Dawes wrote:
>
> > I'm basically in a holding pattern on the release until (1)
> > SourceForge clears the CVS performance issues, and (2) the above
> > regressions get fixed.
>
> Aren't we all... I was hoping to make a release of Boost.Jam (3.1.9)
> today to match the eventual Boost release. But given that updating
> CVS takes 4 to 5 hours I don't think that will happen :-(

Perhaps this isn't the best time to raise this, but wouldn't it be
better if Boost eventually moved to a more distributed version control
system? Then there wouldn't be a single point of failure that stopped
all work. I'm not entirely sure that there is a system which has
everything that Boost needs (e.g. free, distributed, runs natively on
Windows, and can work with the current Sourceforge infrastructure),
but it might be useful to consider alternatives.

Regards,
Walter Landry
wlandry_at_[hidden]