From: Paul A. Bristow (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-01-26 09:41:22

I've given your new constants a brief try but unless I am confused about the
calling of modules (I think I have the 24 Jan ones) MSVC 7.1 doesn't like it at
all, even with 'MS language extensions' enabled :-((

A commented down zipped version is attached (with the includes pasted in so that
you could tie up the error messages with the source lines).

It fails at the line marked <<<<<<<<<<.
Also added the is MS info on the 1st error message, but I can't make any sense
of it.

Another snag is the MS haven't produced __typeof__ yet according to a search of
docs. Is it called something else?

Why on earth wasn't this made part of the language to start with?

Hope this is some help. Mail me if I can help further. Suggest the simplest
examples first.

Paul

PS Looks neat - but only if (when?) it compiles portably!