From: Reece Dunn (msclrhd_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-01-28 08:09:16

John Torjo wrote:
>Maybe to simplify the process, in boost-root (where boost-build.jam file
>exists), we could have a makefile which automatically builds bjam from the
>source files and the invokes it with a given configuation.
>
>like:
>make msvc
>(instead of bjam "-sTOOLS=msvc")
>
>Unfortunately, I don't have any makefile knowledge.

I am knowledgeable in makefiles, but this leads to a problem: you need to
configure the makefile to handle all the various compiler and platform
combinations - something bjam already handles, so why duplicate this effort?

Is there a bjam file for bjam?! That way it could be bootstrapped. But then
why not just download a pre-built version of bjam?

Regards,
Reece

http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger