From: Russell Hind (rhind_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-01-28 08:36:16

David Abrahams wrote:

> 2. We have no control over compiler flags or other settings that
> may be neccessary for the library to work, nor that different
> libraries are compiled with compatible options

But for this, implementing pre and post fix headers for other compilers
as John Maddock has done for Borland and Microsoft compilers can get
around this. Without these, if users build the libraries using bjam,
they are required to look in the bjam sources to see which options were
used, and use them in their project, or as I have done for 1.30.2,
create a set of wrapper headers which push the bjam compiler options,
include the original boost header, then pop the new options to reset
them back to project default. I now only every include the wrapper
headers, never the boost headers directly.

Cheers

Russell