From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-01-29 07:44:10

At 02:39 AM 1/29/2004, Baptiste Lepilleur wrote:

>Line ending of all HTML files of spirit are of the form '\r\r\n' (just
look
>at them with a binary editor).

Yep, I check the CVS files and that's the problem.

> It's likely the result of a checking in unix
>file format from a windows platform (or something like that). You need to
>run some tools to fix line endings.

I think Dave Abrahams had that problem once. IIRC, the problem occurs when
you check out a file on one platform, copy it to a machine running the
other platform, and then check the file back in.

I see this sometimes with patched files people send me. I have to strip out
the extra "\r" before committing the file.

We really should have a filter on CVS that doesn't allow certain line
endings to be committed.

Thanks,

--Beman