From: Joel de Guzman (joel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-01-29 08:21:39

Beman Dawes wrote:

> At 02:39 AM 1/29/2004, Baptiste Lepilleur wrote:
>
> >Line ending of all HTML files of spirit are of the form '\r\r\n' (just
> look
> >at them with a binary editor).
>
> Yep, I check the CVS files and that's the problem.

Huh? Martin Wille, Hartmut Kaiser and I checked the CVS (both
Spirit's and Boost's and all relevant branches) and didn't
find any '\r\r\n'. See [ http://tinyurl.com/2tokp ]. There
are no '\r\r\n' in there.

What we found out however, is that the candidate 2 zip file
that's the problem. Here are some quotes from Hartmut and
Martin:

Martin Wille wrote:

> I'm unable to reproduce the problem with any of the
> four relevant CVS branches.
>
> The contents of the ZIP file very much look like another
> flavour of a CR/LF vs LF problem. My text editor displays
> ^M and the end of most lines but didn't switch do DOS mode.
> This is usually an indication for inconsistent newline
> styles within a file.

Beman, might it be that your CVS chekout that's in an
inconsistent state? After all, it was you who packaged
the zip file, right?

still-clueless-ly-y'rs,

--
Joel de Guzman