From: Martin Wille (mw8329_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-01-29 08:46:47

Joel de Guzman wrote:

> Beman, might it be that your CVS chekout that's in an
> inconsistent state? After all, it was you who packaged
> the zip file, right?
>
> still-clueless-ly-y'rs,

I may be the case though, that the CVS is in a consistent
but wrong state, i.e. CR/LF used consistently. If that
gets checked out to a Windows box then I would expect the
LF to be replaced by CR/LF resulting in CR/CR/LF. That
would explain why the browsers didn't show any problem
with the CVS (they can cope with both styles) while the
browsers find problems in the ZIP file.

(I haven't got access to the CVS right at the moment so
I can't verify. However, in the light of other recent
CR/LF problems, I'm quite sure CR/LF in the CVS is the
problem)

Don't we have an inspection tool that already checks the
line endings of source files? I think it should also work
on .html files (in addition to making the CVS change the
line endings).

Regards,