From: Daniel Wallin (dalwan01_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-02-02 08:06:33

Andy Little wrote:
> "David Abrahams" <dave_at_[hidden]> wrote ...
>>
>>Just look back a little bit in the thread to Daniel Wallin's posting
>>and I think you'll find the answer you seek.
>

> This ? :
> "
>
> This is not the "traditional" use of trailing underscores. Normally they
> are used for keywords.
>
> int -> int_
> bool -> bool_
>
> etc. MPL uses tons of names that clashes with names in std. This is a
> problem for the user, not the library."
>
> Cant see the reference or the link to written guidelines ...?

Does it matter? If it makes you feel better, you can consider my post a
"written guideline".

> I do see ... "Dont worry about the user" though !

Yes, don't worry about the possibility that some user might decide to
bring every name in reach into the global namespace. Prehaps you
consider other peoples bad practice your problem, but it certainly isn't
mine and I'm not willing to pay for it.

> hmm ...Ok to use the _t suffix then ..."traditional" way to represent
> a typedef . Started in the 70's I think ;-)

I have no idea what you are trying to say.

> BTW I declined joining the freemasons ...I prefer things to be open to
> everybody.

Again, I don't understand.

--
Daniel Wallin