From: Burc Arpat (burch_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-02-05 05:14:29

i was actually waiting for the rush of the new release to go away to ask this
question:

i have seen some recent discussions regarding the threads library and from what
i gathered there are plans to start working on it again. but, it also seems the
original owner of the lib has disappeared from the list

here at the petroleum eng. dept. of stanford university, we use boost rather
heavily and lately we started into looking parallelization issues. we, of
course, would like to use a cross-platform library such as boost.threads but are
a bit worried about the future of it

so, i guess, the questions are: is there gonna be a new release of
boost.threads? if so, are there any plans to change the interface to a degree
that it will require significant changes in the user code?

with that said, let me also state that, i will be more than glad to give full
test support for the library if any changes are being considered

burch

- - -

G. Burc ARPAT
Ph.D. Candidate