From: Bennett, Patrick (Patrick.Bennett_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-02-05 09:20:09

Honestly, I'd suggest you just use ACE for threading/synchronization
primitives. It's available for a large number of platforms and is
heavily used and frequently updated.
I like Boost a lot, but I think some people are trying to make Boost
more than (IMO) it should be. People discussing efficient io dispatch
techniques for example would be better served to just use ACE, which
already does many of these things extremely well.
(http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/ACE.html)

Just my (possibly unwanted) $.02.

Patrick