From: Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve (rwgk_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-02-07 08:58:04

--- Giovanni Bajo <giovannibajo_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve wrote:
>
> > For those who remember my worries from a few days ago when gcc 3.4
> > didn't work with the Boost release candidate, it's all fixed now in
> > the gcc-3_4-branch. Ralf
>
> Did you already recheck the BOOST_WORKAROUNDs within Boost.Python for GCC
> 3.4?
> Are there workarounds needed for it? Could you please file a bug report for
> those issues?

There are no #ifdef's for gcc 3.4 anymore in Boost.Python. I already removed
the workaround in rvalue_from_python_data.hpp a while ago. It is not even in
the release. Apart from that I checked in only one trivial code rearrangement
to work around gcc 3.4.0 (20031231) issues:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/boost/boost/libs/python/src/module.cpp?r1=1.21&r2=1.22

I just undid this patch locally and compilation with gcc 3.4.0 (20040205) went
fine. Apparently the bug was fixed in the meantime. I.e. I don't think there
are any Boost.Python/gcc3.4 issues left. :)

Ralf