From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-02-07 09:25:40

At 05:02 AM 2/7/2004, Daryle Walker wrote:

>I hope it's just my ISP caching web pages....

Or your web browser. The home page is fine, as found by my browser. It
includes the direct download link and spelling fix added after release.

We've had real problems in the past, and so the release manager's checklist
includes browsing the web site to make sure the site update really took.
That gets done before the release notice is posted.

Because the procedure now used to update the site is to upload a .bz2 file
and unzip it, it tends to either entirely work or entirely fail. That's an
advantage over file-by-file ftp, which could drop a few files without it
being apparent.

--Beman