From: Brock Peabody (brock.peabody_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-02-09 17:29:06

Do you think that this technique could be factored out to solve the problem
with threads? Another problem I've had to deal with is propagating
exceptions through windows message handlers.

> Compile-time enumeration of the exceptions is overkill and not
> sufficiently flexible.

If anything I'd say compile-time enumerations is underkill. Typically I'd
only be interested in one or two types of exceptions and something like
this:

   run_and_throw<my_lib::socket_error, std::exception>(f);

Or maybe something like lambda::try_catch seems much simpler than anything
involving dynamic registration. On the other hand, I agree that it's not as
flexible. Are you referring to the problem with splicing in particular?

Brock