From: Alexander Terekhov (terekhov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-02-10 05:21:39

"Victor A. Wagner, Jr." wrote:
[...]
> >I'm convinced that propagating *unexpected* exceptions into the
> >joining thread is totally wrong and insensible.
>
> would you rather abort the application??

Absolutely. That said, feel free to catch anything/everything but
please don't impose this silliness on me. The only problem with
respect to threads/futures is that the dynamic context in which
exceptions are thrown (in the "joinee" thread) is "detached" (in
space and time) from the dynamic context that is supposed to
"decide" (my means of try handler(s) or lack thereof) whether
this or that exception is expected or unexpected. That leads to
the conclusion that a typelist of expected (to be caught in the
joinee thread and "re-rasied" in the joiner thread at join point)
exceptions shall be specified at thread/future creation time.

regards,
alexander.