From: Samuel Krempp (krempp_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-02-12 10:56:19

On Thu, 2004-02-12 at 11:06, Martin Wille wrote:
> I'm under the impression that the test results aren't monitored
> by the library maintainers unless we're close to a release.
> So, it doesn't make much sense to run all the tests all the time.

well, personnally I find the batch of test results very useful all the
time when I'm working on my library. (and that's not always in the last
days before release)
I commit, wait a bit, check the regression results of each and every
compiler listed, try to understand what seems to be issue with the ones
failing, find a workaround, then proceed to next planned commit, etc..

It's true that the tests results are probably watched by less people
when far from release, but that doesnt make running all tests all the
time useless.

hmm, the real problem is each test is run all the time even when no
source file used by it has been modified, is that right ? would it be
hard to recompile and re-launch only what need be ?

--
Samuel