From: Martin Wille (mw8329_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-02-12 11:16:37

Samuel Krempp wrote:

> I commit, wait a bit, check the regression results of each and every
> compiler listed, try to understand what seems to be issue with the ones
> failing, find a workaround, then proceed to next planned commit, etc..

I appreciate that. If everyone would work that way then the
release procedure wouldn't take as long as it did for 1.31.0.

> It's true that the tests results are probably watched by less people
> when far from release, but that doesnt make running all tests all the
> time useless.
>
> hmm, the real problem is each test is run all the time even when no
> source file used by it has been modified, is that right ? would it be
> hard to recompile and re-launch only what need be ?

It is done that way, actually. However, quite often
nearly everything gets recompiled because it needs to be.
E.g. every change to Boost.Config or to the type traits
causes everything to be recompiled. I don't see any good
way to avoid that.

Regards,