From: Ronald Garcia (garcia_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-02-13 17:05:18

Hi Doug,

Douglas Gregor wrote:

>On Friday 13 February 2004 12:19 pm, Ronald Garcia wrote:
>

>>A) Should I be receiving a warning about this, or am I misunderstanding
>>the boostbook jamfile
>>

>If you omit it, you should receive a warning. If you get it wrong, you'll end
>up getting an error when it gets to the DocBook->whatever stage.

Got it.

>>B) How exactly do I make it stop?
>>

>(This is a known, annoying bug in boostbook.jam): when you change
>user-config.jam (or whichever configuration file you're using), remove
>"catalog.xml" from the directory where you are generating the documentation.
>Otherwise, it will use the old locations.

Thanks. I downloaded copies of docbook-dtd and docbook-xsl from the
listed sources, and that worked like a charm. I will let you know if I
figure out how to use it with the package installation under OS X.

A few other comments:

Since the files in my CVS don't have write permissions until I
explicitly change them, building the boostbook html fails for the files
that already exist (the redirect files) in CVS. It might be worthwhile
to mention in the documentation that folks building boostbook in a CVS
tree might need to erase the redirecting html files before running bjam.

Also, is there an archive (zip, tarfile, etc) of the generated html that
could be dropped into the boost tree? These days I only use boost CVS
trees, and when I'm disconnected from the internet I sometimes need to
check docs for libraries.
It would be great if I could just drop the documentation into the tree
if it's not going to exist in human-palatable form in CVS anymore.

Thanks for the help,

ron