From: Russell Hind (rhind_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-02-18 03:18:02

Michael Glassford wrote:
> It is no longer supported: the tss class requires Boost.Thread to be
> in a dll to be able to clean up after itself properly (i.e. to prevent
> leaks). It would be possible to build a version that doesn't include
> support for this, but in a future version of Boost.Thread (currently
> in the thread_dev branch of CVS), I believe several new features
> depend on this support being available so it may not be worthwhile to
> do so.

Hi Michael, I realise this wouldn't be recommended practice, but would
these leaks only occur when resources (by that I mean mutexes, threads,
conditions etc) deleted? As I've said, I create all needed objects at
application startup and free them at exit, so I'm not so worried about
leaks as they wouldn't be happening while the application is running,
only at the end when the OS should clean up anyway? If so, then I am
willing to risk running the thread library as a static lib still.

Thanks

Russell