From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-02-18 12:26:13

Stefan Slapeta wrote:

>There's one more big "surprise": the need for the shared runtime
>libraries! I'm very frustrated at the moment because I don't know which
>strategy to choose for boost.thread at all:

>Sorry for this critisism. I know about all your efforts and appreciate
>them very much. This time it seems that the need for new functionality
>broke too much of existing code for my taste!

I'm not sure I'm following all this. Given that you are understand what the
consequences of building and using a static library in this context, and you
decide that they are not a problem for you, what prevents you from building
your own statically linked library and using it in your own projects?
Wouldn't that solve your whole issue
Robert Ramey