From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-02-22 15:42:53

At 10:48 AM 2/22/2004, Michael Stevens wrote:

>[boost] Intel 8.0 on Windows now passes all Boost regression tests
>
>> A bug fix version of Intel 8.0 for Windows has been posted on their web

>> site. This new version passes all Boost regression tests. See
>> http://boost.sourceforge.net/regression-logs/
>
>> Congratulations to Intel, and thanks for fixing several bugs which were

>> causing Boost tests to fail!
>
>Oh this is definitely very good. Time I downloaded the Linux version.
>
>There are some false positives however. uBLAS test3,4,5 should fail
really.
>They have a couple of missing typenames with gcc-3.4 correctly picks up.
>The patches for this should be merged into Boost CVS very soon.
>I wonder if the Intel compiler can be configured to be a little
>more strict.

I'm not sure. If you can put together a simple test case, I'll ask them
about it.

>The more good compilers that can pick up code that is non standard
>conforming the better.

Yep. The first hurtle was getting compilers to accept correct source code.
There has been lots of progress on that.

Further hurtles are getting compilers to reject incorrect source code, and
to generate reasonably optimized object code. Still lots of work to be done
in those areas.

--Beman