From: Phil Richards (news_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-02-25 15:25:44

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 13:36:16 -0500, Stefan Seefeld wrote:
> and yet...I associate 'io' with reading and writing, i.e. things related
> to some *content*, while in boost::filesystem we are more talking about
> content *containers* and how to deal with them.

I know what you mean - I had the same feeling. However, taking a step
back and thinking "this namespace is the generic place to put things to do
with I/O" made me less bothered about it. The class names within the
namespace should, of course, make sense - but filesystems only make sense
when viewed in the larger context of I/O.

phil

--
change name before "@" to "phil" for email