From: Thomas Witt (witt_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-02-27 23:10:19

David Abrahams wrote:

> Thomas Witt <witt_at_[hidden]> writes:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>here is my next try at an improved formal review procedure. I did away
>>with the additional mailing list. The outlined process tries to reduce
>>the burden on all involved as far as possible.
>>
>>Procedure
>>---------
>>
>>* The author posts a prereview request to the list. Subject line must
>> contain "[prereview request]".
>

> You're missing something here.

To brief again, sigh.

> Does the list discuss the
> submission? Is the code made available somewhere?

Nearly every review request in the past has stirred discussion on the
list. As I am see it the prereview request is a heads up to interested
people. At least it has to generate enough interest to make people
second the request.

In order for this to work the code needs to be available. I don't have a
strong opinion on requirements with regard to the place where the code
is available (sandbox, ...).

Thomas