From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-02-26 18:02:31

Thomas Witt <witt_at_[hidden]> writes:

> Hi,
>
> here is my next try at an improved formal review procedure. I did away
> with the additional mailing list. The outlined process tries to reduce
> the burden on all involved as far as possible.
>
> Procedure
> ---------
>
> * The author posts a prereview request to the list. Subject line must
> contain "[prereview request]".

You're missing something here. Does the list discuss the
submission? Is the code made available somewhere?

> * The author posts review request to review wizard. Subject line must
> contain "[review request]" and
> the message should contain a link to the prereview request.
> The review request must be seconded by two boost members. To second
> a review request does
> not imply a positive review. A person who seconded a review request
> can act as a review
> manager. If nobody has volunteered so far the review wizard helps
> finding a review manager.

I still like the idea that library authors have an obligation. There
are 55 libraries at last count; it shouldn't be too much of a burden
-- that's about one review every 2 years or more.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting