From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-03-01 10:58:36

One of the actions we can take to ease releases is to fix regressions as
they occur, rather than waiting until just before the next release.

I'm experimenting with some new reports that combine platforms, report
regressions only, and make other improvements suggested by various people.
Those experiments will take a while because I'm learning xslt in the
process, and have some other commitments.

In the meantime, I've changed the Win32 table
(http://boost.sourceforge.net/regression-logs/cs-win32.html) to show diffs
against February 3rd rather than just the prior day's run.

Looking at the results, there is lots of good news. Tests now passing,
warnings removed, etc. But there are also regressions in a number of
libraries:

    Date-Time - Borland regressions, one VC++ 7.0 regression.

    Graph - Borland, Metrowerks, VC++ 6.0, one regression each.

    Interval - Borland, VC++ 6.0, and VC++ 7.0 regressions.

    Random random-test - Regression on GCC 3.3.1.

    Regex concept_check - Regression on VC++ 6.0.

    Test test_tools_test - Regressions on VC++ 6.0 and 7.0.

Hopefully the developers will take a look at these soon so the regressions
don't hang around until the next release.

Thanks,

--Beman