From: Loïc Joly (loic.actarus.joly_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-03-01 16:12:39

Dear boosters,

I was recently trying to convince one of my colleagues that a vector
(mathematical, not stl) and matrix library instead of raw C arrays could
be usefull for his job. I naturally turned toward boost::ublas, but then
I had one surprise: One thing I expected to find in such a library was a
collection of solvers (LU, gaussian elimination...), but I found none.

Is this because they exist, but I could not find them in the
documentation (btw, I have some trouble to understand the doc, too much
code, not enough english to my taste) ?
Is is because there was a good design decision not to include them ?
Is it because this is a very touchy domain and poeple could not agree on
generic solutions ?
Is is just an oversight ?

--
Loïc