From: Douglas Paul Gregor (gregod_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-03-03 14:26:31

On Wed, 3 Mar 2004, David Turner wrote:
> Selection

Just to be sure I understand: this is equivalent to a "combo box" or
"radio group", I presume?

> With these tools, I think the requirements of a great many C++ project
> could be satisfied. Anything glaringly obvious that I've left out?

Perhaps a tree control, but again that's pretty specific and could be
delayed.

> Is a multi-line text input control necessary?

Perhaps a very simple one should be provided.

You might think of an application-oriented approach to selecting features.
Maybe version 1 should have enough widgets to build a spreadsheet
program, then version 2 might have enough to build a web browser, and
version 3 could perhaps be powerful enough to build a scientific
visualization app. with OpenGL.

It's all about managing expectations :)

        Doug