From: Paul A Bristow (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-03-08 14:09:51

I have very briefly (re-)reviewed Jan Gaspar's circular buffer.

What is your evaluation of the design? It provides a useful
'should-be-standard' feature not provided elsewhere.

What is your evaluation of the implementation? It works in my tests,
and some usage.

What is your evaluation of the documentation? Seems OK. Examples good
and well commented.

[Aside- although I am not a fan of Doxygen generated docs - somehow they
never seem to tell what you want to know. Does the automatic-ness
delude the author that he has done his job when he hasn't really barely
started?]

What is your evaluation of the potential usefulness of the library?
When useful and appropriate, invaluable. STL compatibility should
greatly increase its applicability.

Did you try to use the library? Earlier versions. With what compiler?
MSVC 7.1 Did you have any problems? No. Compiles cleanly even in strict
mode.

How much effort did you put into your evaluation? Shallow-depth study?

Are you knowledgeable about the problem domain? Only as a user.

Other comments:

It is quite mature having been through a number of iterations under
Boost (fairly friendly) fire for some time. Test suite looks OK.

Do you think the library should be accepted as a Boost library?

I vote for acceptance.

Paul

Paul A Bristow
+44 1539 561830 +44 7714 330204