From: Douglas Gregor (gregod_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-03-10 00:01:19

On Tuesday 09 March 2004 11:42 pm, E. Gladyshev wrote:
> > That'd be a much bigger change to Signals. For one, we'd be breaking the
> > logarithmic complexity of inserting a new element in a particular group.
>
> Yes, it would need to be a template template parameter for defining
> the slot container type or a policy.

Right, but you also have to watch the iterator invalidation semantics much
more carefully. For instance, if you connect a new slot to a signal A from
within a slot called from signal B, there is no problem in the current
multimap implementation because iterators are stable. For a vector, you have
to queue the additions. In both cases you need to queue up deletions (that's
already done, of course).

But yes, it could be a policy <shudder>.

        Doug