From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-03-13 22:24:29

On Sat, 13 Mar 2004 10:57:06 -0700, Jonathan Turkanis wrote
> "Javier Estrada" <ljestrada_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> > A couple of weeks ago I posted in c++ moderated:
> >
> > It seems natural that if there is a <iosfwd> to forward declare the
> I/O
> > related classes, there should be a header for the classes contained
> in the
> > std namespace.
> >

> I think comp.std.c++ is where you should post this.
>
> I'd also like to have a facility for forward declaring names in std;
> it should definitely be more fine-grained than <stdfwd>, though. Why
> not have <xxxfwd> headers for standard headers <xxx> not currently
> covered by <iosfwd>?

You might be interested in this email thread where this topic was previously
discussed.

http://lists.boost.org/MailArchives/boost/msg14932.php

Turns out you are right to go to comp.std.c++ because the current standard
basically precludes this. Of course, I'll be happy to post my attempt at this
if you want to use it.

Jeff