From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-03-17 07:54:52

> //
> // As far as I can tell from Intels docs, all it's predefined macros are
set
> // the same values irrespective of whether it's been installed on top of
VC6,
> // VC7, or VC7.1.
> //
>
> I wonder what Intel could do: the compiler can be integrated in more than
one
> VS version on the same machine, that's why you can't speak about an
> "installation on" a particular version.

That's the conclusion I've come to as well.

> So IMO, the only possibility for setting the _MSC_VER macro is
interpreting
> the /QvcXX switches on the command line.

Yep, and if you use the IDE integration, that switch gets added for you.

> I think that just the default value is wrong: it should be 1310 instead of
> 1200.
>
> What do you think?

Probably this is up to Intel to decide based on their customer base, it's a
pity that the command line setup batch file doesn't somehow inject the
necessary switch into the command line, but there doesn't seem to be any
means of doing that either.

John.