From: Jesse Booher (jbooher_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-03-17 08:52:58

>>> peter_at_[hidden] 03/16/04 03:49PM >>> wrote:
> I was wondering if there is any interest in a container that is a model of
> sequence (just like std::vector or std::list) and with an interface matching
> that of std::vector (maybe with minor differences due to efficiency) but with
> different time complexities?

On a related note, all the basic associative containers could (and arguably should) have an "nth_element" method with complexity O(log(n)). With this interface addition a container with an interface like vector but complexity like map could be adapted from map akin to the way queue is adapted from deque.

Just a thought.

Jesse Booher