From: David B. Held (dheld_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-03-17 13:54:23

"Peter Palotas" <peter_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> I was wondering if there is any interest in a container that is a
> model of sequence (just like std::vector or std::list) and with an
> interface matching that of std::vector (maybe with minor
> differences due to effiency) but with different time complexities?
> [...]

Take a look at the policy-based map in the sandbox. I implement
what I called "indexed nodes" which appear to give the complexity
characteristics you describe. I'm not sure whether the indexed_set
library soon to be reviewed also supports this feature or not, but
given all the other features it has, I would be suprised if it didn't. ;)

Dave

---