From: Neal Becker (ndbecker2_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-03-18 20:25:16

Hurd, Matthew wrote:

[...]
> Being able to have zero overhead for compiling it outta-there and having
> enabling and disabling at run-time would be nice. The other thing I'd
> like is having support for stack viewing which I've used in the past for
> helping with production support.

Yes, stack tracing would be a great option. We did discuss this here
before, and someone even posted some usable sample code.

I guess everyone needs logging, and it sounds like many have hacked together
their own solutions. I've seen a number of log4j ish projects. Perhaps
one represents the best of the art and might be ported to boost.