From: Rene Rivera (grafik.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-03-22 11:36:44

Hugo Duncan wrote:

> The boost/build/v1 common-names rule computes a toolset name of "bcb56"
> when using
> borland-5.6.4-tools. The boost/config/auto_link.hpp file does not
> discriminate
> between bcb5.5 and bcb5.6, using "bcb". Auto link therefore fails.
>
> I have made the following local fix to auto_link.hpp, since to me the
> common-names
> toolset name computation seems to be self-consist across toolsets.
>
> Whould it be possible to fix either auto_link.hpp or the boost build v1
> common-names
> rule - whichever makes more sense.

I would think the auto link needs fixing, as you suggest. Otherwise it would
not be possible to test with different versions of borland on the same
machine. But there is a problem in that if someone uses the regular borland
toolset against a 5.6 install the autolink would then fail as it would have
bcb56, but the raw toolset would produce bcb. Don't know how to solve that
problem though :-(

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything